February 15, 2017

Spicy And Tangy Ullikaaram / Onion Chutney

Hi readers, I am back with an interesting spicy and tangy roti pachadi "Ullikaaram / Onion Chutney". When you don't find much time to make a dish, this recipe helps you a lot. It is quiet simple and easy to make tastes heavenly with hot steamed rice and ghee. My mom used to make this roti pachadi when unexpected guests came to home. She always prefer mortar and pestle in making of chutneys, taste never disappointed. I too use mortar and pestle especially in making of this pachadi. Let us go through the recipe.


Ingredients
3-4 medium size Onions
15- 16 Dry Red Chillies, can adjust to your spice levels
1 big lemon size Tamarind , soaked in water
Salt as per taste
1/4 spoon of Cumin Seeds/Jeera

For Tempering / Tadka
2 spoons of Oil
1 spoon Chana dal
1 spoon Urad dal
1/4 spoon Mustard seeds
1/4 spoon Cumin seeds
2 Dry Red chillies, tear into pieces
1 spring Curry leaves
Pinch of Hing/ Asafoetida


Procedure 
1. Wash, peel and slice the onion into cubes.
2. Soak tamarind in a cup of water and keep aside.
3. Tear the Dry Red chillies into pieces.
4. Add dry red chillies, Onion cubes,tamarind   pulp, salt,
    turmeric powder ,cumin seeds one by one in the same 
    order to Mortar and crush all the ingredients into a 
    coarse paste with the help of Pestle.
5. Heat a pan with oil, add chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds,
    cumin seeds, broken dry red chillies and finally pinch of hing,
    fry for few seconds.
6. Take the pachadi into a serving bowl.
7. Pour the seasoning over the chutney.
8. Serve it with hot steamed rice and ghee. You can also use as 
    side dish with idly, dosha and uthappam.

Hope you all enjoyed my roti pachadi recipe, and please leave your valuable comments and suggestions here on my blog and about my recipe too. Thanks again for visiting my blog.


Nagasri

1 comment:

  1. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo

Hi everyone !! My name is Nagasri. I am from Andhra but staying in Hyderabad, Telangana. I love both andhra and telangana foods. I love Cooking and eating too :).  I like to experiment different recipes.Have a look at my blog,try and enjoy!!! Don't forget to leave your valuable feedback at my blog. Other than cooking I love listening to music. Here I am sharing my experiences and experiments in cooking !!

Nice to meet you all !!
Nagasri