November 25, 2016

Andhra Allam Pachadi - Ginger Chutney

As already discussed, Andhra Cuisine boasts of most varieties of Pachadis (chutneys) than any other cuisine. Today I am back with a fingerlicking, mouthwatering and simply inviting sweet, tangy and spicy "Allam Pachadi aka Ginger Chutney" !!! which goes well with Dosha,Pesarattu, Idly, Uthappam, Pulagam etc..Those of you who love to have ginger in their regular diet will deffinately like this chutney and I am sure this chutney will makes you amazingly addictive to it !! Well !! Let us check the procedure for this yummy, tasty and delicious "Allam Pachadi"....

MAIN INGREDIENTS
Ingredients :
2 " 2-3 ginger pieces,remove skin,slice
(can reduce as per your spicelevels
3 table spoons oil
INGREDIENTS
2 table spoons chana dal
2 table spoons urad dal   
1 table spoon Fennel seeds  
1/4 table spoon Mustard seeds 
1/4table spoon Cumin seeds
20 Dry Red chillies
(can adjust according to your spice levels)
3- 4 Green chillies
Big lemon sized Tamarind,
soak in water.
3 table spoons of grated  Jaggery
big pinch of asafoetida
Salt to taste
pinch of Turmeric powder

Procedure :
1. Remove the seeds from tamarind and soak in a bowl 
    of water, keep aside.
2. Heat a pan with oil, add chana dal, urad dal, dry red chillies, 
    fennel seeds,mustard seeds,cumin seeds one by one in the same 
    order, fry them for few minuites until nice aroma comes out.
3. Then add green chillies, a big pinch of asafoetida and fry for 
    1-2 minuite. Add ginger pieces, salt and turmeric powder to 
    the same pan.Switch off the flame.
4. Let it cool down for some time. After cooling down, take a 
     mixie jar, add fried ingredients and grind it into a coarse paste.
5. Then add grated or crushed jaggery and soaked tamarind 
     pulp and grind it into a smooth paste .
6. Test for salt, if needed add more.
7. Transfer this into a serving bowl.
8. Serve it with hot, crispy Dosha, Pesarattu, Idly, Undrallu 
    or Pulagam etc.

This is my style!! Hope you all enjoyed my "Allam Pachadi - Ginger Chutney" !! Feel free to share your opinions on my recipe and about my blog and leave your valuable comments here which motivates me a lot !! Thanks for visiting my blog. Will meet you with another interesting recipe, till then bbbye...


Nagasri

10 comments:

  1. Loved your version. It truly reflect your love for chutney recipes. Thank you sooo much for sharing ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posted especially for you Deepa !! Hope you liked my version..Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
    2. I'm blessed to have a follower cum friend like u. Thank you so much. ������

      Delete
    3. You are most welcome !!๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
    4. You are most welcome๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒท

      Delete
  2. Really tempting healthy Pachadi. Love it

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo

Hi everyone !! My name is Nagasri. I am from Andhra but staying in Hyderabad, Telangana. I love both andhra and telangana foods. I love Cooking and eating too :).  I like to experiment different recipes.Have a look at my blog,try and enjoy!!! Don't forget to leave your valuable feedback at my blog. Other than cooking I love listening to music. Here I am sharing my experiences and experiments in cooking !!

Nice to meet you all !!
Nagasri