October 21, 2016

Vankaya Pulusu Pachadi - Roasted Eggplant Stew

Hi readers, I am back with another authentic Andhra dish made with grilled eggplant / vankaya "Vankaya Pulusu Pachadi"(Roasted Eggplant stew). This pachadi goes well with mudda pappu, Kandi Pachadi and hot steamed rice. You can make this pachadi with minimal ingredients in less time. Here I am giving you the procedure..
Vankaya Pulusu Pachadi
Ingredients :
Egg Plants / Vankayalu          : 2 big size, roasted on gas stove
Onions                                    : 1 medium size, finely chopped
Green Chillies                        : 5 (adjust according to your spice
                                                              levels)
Tamarind Thick Pulp             : 4- 5 table spoons
Jaggery                                   : 1 1/2 table spoon, grated
Salt                                         :  to taste
Coriander leaves                    : 2 table spoons , finely chopped
For Tempering / Tadka / Popu :
1 table spoon Oil
1 table spoon Chana dal
1 table spoon Urad dal
1/4 table spoon Mustard seeds
1/4 table spoon Cumin seeds
1/4 table spoon Asafoetida / hing/ inguva
few curry leaves
Procedure :
1. Grease the brinjal with oil and roast directly on gas stove, for
    even cooking rotate the brinjal. Remove from flame and keep
    aside.
2. Peel the skin and mash the pulp. Now in a large bowl, add 
    mashed brinjal, finely chopped onions, tamarind pulp, salt,
    jaggery powder and finely chopped coriander leaves.
3. Mix all the ingredients well. Add salt and jaggery if needed.
4. Heat a pan with oil, add chana dal, urad dal,fry them till they 
    turn golden brown colour, then add mustard and cumin seeds.
    Let them splutter, add asafoetida, turn off the flame.
5. Add this seasoning to Brinjal - tamarind mixture and combine
    well. Garnish with fresh, finely chopped coriander leaves.
6. Serve it with hot steamed white rice, mudda pappu and kandi
    pachadi.

Please leave your comments and suggestions here...

Nagasri

2 comments:

About Me

My photo

Hi everyone !! My name is Nagasri. I am from Andhra but staying in Hyderabad, Telangana. I love both andhra and telangana foods. I love Cooking and eating too :).  I like to experiment different recipes.Have a look at my blog,try and enjoy!!! Don't forget to leave your valuable feedback at my blog. Other than cooking I love listening to music. Here I am sharing my experiences and experiments in cooking !!

Nice to meet you all !!
Nagasri