March 13, 2016

Vegetable Fried Rice

Whenever we visit Indo -Chinese restaurants we usually order Veg Fried rice along with different indo chinese recipes and snacks. Vegetable Fried rice has always stayed permanent in our choice of menu for Indochinese restaurants. There are many variations in Veg Fried Rice making, today i am blogging a simple Fried rice with minimal ingredients. I just used rice, and vegetables like carrots,beans,chilli,garlic,ginger and spring onions. Here is a quick simple recipe for Indochinese veg fried rice...

Ingredients :

Cooked long grained rice (or) basmati rice                        :        1 cup
Mixed vegetables (carrot, beans,spring onions)                 :        1 cup finely chopped
Any refined oil                                                                    :         3 spoons
Salt                                                                                      :          to taste
Ginger                                                                                  :         1 inch piece
Garlic                                                                                   :         1 1/2 table spoon
Sugar                                                                                    :         1/4 tea spoon


Method :

1.  Wash the rice very will till water comes clear.Then soak the rice in water about 20-30 minutes.
2.  Drain the water from rice and keep aside. Then cook the rice with enough water and a drop of 
     oil. (I usually cook the rice in microwave oven for 20-24 minutes) Cool the rice thoroughly
     atleast 2 hours before making vegfried rice.
3.  Finely chop all the vegetables including ginger and garlic too.
4.  Heat a pan with oil, then add grated ginger, then garlic pieces. Saute them for 2 minutes on
     high flame.
5.  Then add white spring onions, saute them quickly on high flame for 1 minute. Then add finely 
     chopped carrots, beans, green chillies and stir fry the vegetables on high flame till the veggies
     become crunchy, not fully cooked.
6.  Then add  cooked cool rice, salt and a pinch of pepper powder. Stir fry all the ingredients for
     1- 2  minutes. Mix well and transfer it into either serving bowl or serving plate.
7.  Serve hot with any suitable gravy. (I made mixed vegetable masala curry and
      cucumber-tomato raitha).

2 comments:

  1. Wow! FRIED RICE looking fantastic Naga Sri Awesomely healthy, flavorful and delicious share my friend.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo

Hi everyone !! My name is Nagasri. I am from Andhra but staying in Hyderabad, Telangana. I love both andhra and telangana foods. I love Cooking and eating too :).  I like to experiment different recipes.Have a look at my blog,try and enjoy!!! Don't forget to leave your valuable feedback at my blog. Other than cooking I love listening to music. Here I am sharing my experiences and experiments in cooking !!

Nice to meet you all !!
Nagasri